I recently was interviewed by Anna Farmery of The Engaging Brand. It was a great time with many helpful insights shared. You can listen to the recording online here. Below is a description of the interview.
Andrea Kates joins Anna Farmery to discuss how to discover and exploit your business genome. Andrea is the founder of the Business Genome® project and author of the bestselling business innovation book, Find Your Next.
What you’ll learn during the interview:
- Why you should be finding your next…rather than looking at the past, in business
- What is the business genome?
- Is there one business genome or a collective genome based on the leadership.
- Why you should take a fresh look rather purely rely on the data.
- How to look outside your industry for new ideas
- 4 steps of developing the business genome – sort, match, hybridise, adapt and thrive
- Why you should use your hunches rather than always data.
- How do you ensure that you match what your business genome should be rather than what you want it to be?
- Are there a risks from new thinking as well as opportunities?
- Is the secret sauce relevant across products rather than the product itself?
- What are the elements of your business genome?
- Take the diagnostic test online to find your next?
- How you turn from looking back to looking forward – trendability is the most important factor!